Demi Fine Jewelry

Demi-fine jewelry refers to a category of jewelry that falls somewhere between fine jewelry and costume jewelry. It is made using higher-quality materials than costume jewelry. One of the key benefits of demi-fine jewelry is that it allows people to enjoy the beauty and quality of a fine jewelry without the high price tag. It is also more durable and long-lasting, making it a worthwhile investment. 

However, once a piece of demi-fine jewelry no longer serves its purpose, it can be scrapped just like any other type of jewelry. This can be done by selling it to a jewelry store or a gold buyer who can melt down the metal and recycle it. The value of the scrap metal will depend on the current market price for the metal, which can fluctuate over time.

"It's the sweet spot between fashion jewelry and fine jewelry."

What is 925 Silver?

925 silver is also known as sterling silver, which is a high-quality type of silver alloy used in jewelry making. The term "925" refers to the metal's composition, specifically its purity level.

In order for a piece of silver to be considered sterling silver, it must contain at least 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% made up of other metals, typically copper. The addition of copper and other metals to the silver increases the metal's durability, making it suitable for use in jewelry.

The term "925" is stamped or engraved onto the Alayas pieces as a hallmark or quality assurance mark. This marking indicates that the piece is made of genuine sterling silver and meets certain quality standards.